Profile picture for lorifavela

Where can I find a mortgage lender with our middle scores at 600 and 598 in Texas?

We have been in Ch. 13 bankruptcy since 2011 and are paying our debt each month on time. Our attorney says we can get Trustee approval no problem. Will anyone out there loan to us? We have VA eligibility but can go FHA as well. 
  • March 23 2014 - US
  • 0

You should be able to obtain a loan, VA or FHA, with your situation. As long as you have been paying you Chapter 13 payments on time, then you should be fine. Most lenders require a minimum of one year of on time payments after a chapter 13 bankruptcy. Also, when it comes to your credit, the minimum score for VA and FHA is 580, so you should be good to go. So the best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

Please forgive the incorrect answer below, we seem to have a lot people giving advise who have no idea what they are talking about. Now for your question, as long as you have completed at least 12 months successful payments to the court appointed Trustee and you have get your Trustee's approval, then you are eligible for either FHA, VA, or USDA financing. I am a Veteran and have been doing government loans for over 25 years and have handled hundred of these cases. And I live here in TX. Please feel free to contact me direct by clicking on my profile and shooting me a message. Please don't forget to leave your contact phone number. Many times when I reply from a Zillow questions, it goes into people's spam for some reason.

Best of Luck!

Profile picture for Primary Louisiana
It is not as much the credit score as the bankruptcy.  You will have to wait 3 years after discharge for FHA and VA has higher credit score requirements.  Good Luck!