Profile picture for J.J.F

Where can I find reviews on Mortgage companies?

I'm investigating my options for refinancing my primary residence.  I purchased the house for $225K in 2004 and I have $103K (and 12 years) left on a 15 year fixed rate loan at 4.5%.   Rates quoted online by Mortage companies are more competative than banks, of course.  Where do I look to see which companies are legit, and which to avoid?
  • March 28 2012 - Peoria
  • 0

You don't need to go to a "Big Bank" to get a great mortgage with no surproses.  Check the BBB or Chamber of Commerce

You should also see how long they have been in business. Usually the good mortgage brokers will have been in business for awhile and the bad ones get weeded out.

Sincerely 
Allan

Unfortunately it's kind of hard to truly determine which organizations are looking out for your best interest. I would ask for their NMLS # first. Next step would be to review their website and compare rates to APR.