Profile picture for MayJay68

Where can I go as a first time homebuyer, whose credit is pretty bad thanks to a bad divorce?

I can be reached at Nitad36@yahoo.com
  • September 25 2009 - Merrimack
  • 0

Profile picture for NeedinFHA
Below a 500, I'm pretty sure you'd barely qualify for a car...Maybe you can work on your credit for the next year and have it back up to a 650 sometime?

You may be able to obtain a loan from a Private Lender/Investor. Rates in FL are from 9%-12%.  813-960-1150

Profile picture for MayJay68
my rating was 650 last August and it is below 500 this past August thanks to my ex.....I have about 50K to put down on a home and the urgency is that my prince of an ex let the house go into foreclosure and I just found out how advanced the stage was last week!.....Great guy huh!......besides I found the perfect house for like 225K!

FHA is your best bet!

Hi MaryJay, I will be contacting you on your email, I am sure that I can help you, if not right now, maybe we can work on a plan to bring you up to a level where USDA-Rural Development can lend you money for a home.  Feel free to call me 496-2423

Some basic questions can help with guidance. 

What does "credit pretty bad" mean?   Do you have a FICO score you can share?

Do you have a down payment saved up?

What is the urgency to buy now?   I believe that the $8000 first time buyer's credit is holding up prices, so you'll save more by waiting.