Where can I rate a really bad realtor?

He did not return emails etc.  Once I told him how horrible he was, he passed it off to management.  Management said " he was out of town and must have missed the email."  Since I had waited almost a week for his response, the house I wanted was sold!!!!!!!!!  I am furious.
  • November 01 2013 - US
  • 0

Real estate can be frustrating, I agree, and in a seller's market the good ones always seem to be getting away.    I am not an agent, nor professionally associated with real estate. 

If your only attempt to contact a listing agent was one E-mail, a review on Zillow such as 'attempted to contact, no response' is appropriate.   Flurries of words about "fat you know whats" and "really bad realtor" are not appropriate and would not make it through the Zillow moderators.  The facts are simply "attempted to contact, no call or return Email".    I'm sure there are other sites where you could publish such things, but be aware that you are responsible for your statements. 

From your second response it appears that you were trying to contact a listing agent to show you a home. This is hardly ever a good idea. If you are serious about buying a home you need an agent that will represent YOU, not the seller.
If you had your own buyer agent, he could easily have showed you the home by referring to the instructions to agents in the MLS.
I agree that it is only good practice to return emails and phone calls, but as pointed out below, the listing agent does not have any responsibility to you as they are representing the seller, not you.

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
Do your job and stop sitting on your fat you know whats

A realtor only owes duties to a "client".  You are a customer not a client.  Technically you are owed nothing  - not even a return phone call.

Not calling you does not make that person a BAD realtor. 

Come on. I understand you're angry, but it's the day after Halloween not dress up as an online ghoulie day. </;{

Until this week, I would have agreed with you about the inattention to email, but my perspective changed a bit when my own email box went haywire last week. Even messages from people in my address book ended up outside the inbox.

Emails in spam I found in a day or two while the ones in unmarked folders took almost a week to turn up. When it comes to technology, (blank) happens. I am all for keeping professionals accountable, but I think you save the nuclear option for professional who earns it with no question.

If this agent truly earned your scorn outside of a possible tech glitch, leave the bad review. Otherwise, let it go. Life's short and there are plenty of other agents that you can hire that will value you as a client.

Most of you replying are Realtors and all I have to say is WOW y'all are a bunch of egotistical jerks.  Do your job and stop sitting on your fat you know whats

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
If an agent does not contact you within a few hours then contact another agent.

Agents go on vacation, have emergency surgery, have relatives die etc etc.  Why did you wait a week?  Most people today want an answer yesterday.

EVERYWHERE. Do you need me to help you? Communication and response is everything in the real estate business. Sorry you had to go through that.

You wrote; "@ Time Moore, I understand your point but the fact is that I sent it to his email listed on the property listing sheet AND through his website.  I know there is spam, I get it too. But I scan through to make sure there is nothing IMPORTANT in it"

Seriously, try looking through 1192 spam emails and after a few weeks you just delete them from then on. It happens and you can and will miss one now and then with that much spam. I deleted the 1192 a few hours ago and I have 86 already.

Time Moore

Any place that you'd rate a good realtor.

It can be irritating when you get no response from an agent, but you need to consider the possibility that the agent is telling the truth and did not receive your email.

I generally email or call an agent first, If they do not return the contact in a business day, I will call one more time and wait a few more hours. Then, I contact a different agent.

Time is of the essence in real estate and you have to move on the house you want when you see it. Also, having your own agent can help you maintain better contact than contacting the listing agent directly on each property.

Was this a listing agent you attempted to contact or are you working with a buyer's agent?    

If the agent was the listing agent, is it possible s/he took a vacation after the purchase offer contract was signed?

I find that when dealing straight with a listing agent, the onus is often on me to make sure the initial contact goes through.   I E-mail, I call and call again.   But, usually I put the burden of contact on the shoulders of my buyer's agent.

@ Time Moore, I understand your point but the fact is that I sent it to his email listed on the property listing sheet AND through his website.  I know there is spam, I get it too. But I scan through to make sure there is nothing IMPORTANT in it

Missing email is possible these days. I just checked mine and since yesterday I have 1191 spam emails in my span folder. Now and then I get a call from someone asking if I got this or that and I have found it in that spam folder even though they have sent me emails before.

Let me just say NOTHING works as well as a phone call and all Realtors carry their cell phones during the day, even on vacation or on days off. Email is nice but follow up with a call if it's important to you.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
If they have a Profile here at Zillow then you can post a Review here...just search their name/agency (Find a Pro) and see if they are here.

Profile picture for Rebecca Marvel
possibly yelp.com