Where can I search for accurate real estate agent ratings?

Where can I search for accurate real estate agent ratings to help me narrow down agents before speaking to and interviewing them.  The real estate agent ratings on Zillow are absolutely worthless - how is someone supposed to differentiate among agents if everyone gets five stars?  Completely useless.  Not everyone in America gets a gold star.
  • August 09 2012 - Washington
  • 1

Profile picture for Blue Nile
I'm convinced you actually have to read what the agents post and look for:
1) honesty
2) thoroughness
3) understanding of the subject
4) ability to understand and read what was asked and already posted
5) courtesy/politeness
6) promptness (none of this answering a question 6 months later...)
7) generosity
8) lack of plagiarism and correctly referencing sources
9) not claiming expertise in areas outside their field
10) ability to follow website rules
11) Not posting for soliciting clients nor getting a "local expert status" or similar.
12) lack of exaggeration  (such as posting something is "best", or that they can provide an "exact" value of a home...)
13) doesn't repeat NAR talking points.

But then you still need to screen them further.  But if you evaluate their posts on these items, you will find very few with top scores.

All their posts are referenced on their profile page, so you don't need to do too much extra work to find them and to open the threads to read the context.

It would be nice if this process could be automated, but even the better sentence parsers  and plagiarism software & services cannot adequately do this type of evaluation yet.

Some say "Angie's List" provides reasonable business reviews.  I'm convinced it still has the problems Dune's outlined, and that the only real method of screening is reading their posts and scoring them yourself.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
I'm not aware of any place you can figure might have accurate real estate agent ratings...like Zillow it seems they are all lead generation motivated and merely places for self-promotion/fishing for leads

If you check out RE Blog Sites like Activerain you'll occasionally see Blogs/Comments based on "I'll give you good ones if you give me good ones or rants on Agent so & so is trying to sabotage me by posting bad Reviews/Comments ect...

Zillow if you check promotes/suggests/works with Agents to solicit 5 Star reviews so they''l look good and get mucho leads...Agents on this site have even closed their accounts and/or started new ones so you wouldn't see they got a Bad Review

Plus it seems a number of Agents like to skip the middle person and write their own reviews ;)

That makes the "Reviews" (Zillow & other Sites) a total waste of time for consumers imo