Profile picture for prj922

Where can a buyer find the estimate of the update values to the zestimate?

We added in all the updates on zillow and came up with an estimate of 236,000 but the zestimate still says 214,500.  Where can a buyer see the estimate for all the updates so they will know where we got the price?

July 25 2009 - Greenville

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
zillow claims to recalculate their zestimate 2x per week, but it seems to me based on my experience that likely they take 2-4 weeks to update home facts, even when they are entered right into the site.

its also true that if other sales in your area have reflected similar updates, the 214 number may include updates... or it may be so far out of whack that you end up drowning in the pacific ocean... you should come up with your own numbers rather than using zillow's, either that or hire an agent.

prj,

We know that consumers like to do their own investigations regarding Real Estate. I have done a few Zestimates to compare my results on the Market Values for homes. I have found the Zestimate to be accurate 30-50% of the time. For me that is a little to inaccurate. Zestimates are a good starting place but they will not replace an estimae provided by a skilled human being who can tailor the market analysis to fit a target home.

Please check in with a trusted Realtor in your area to see what they think. A Market Analysis is often complimentary and will likely be very accurate and extremely informative.

My experience with updating "home info" was that it took three to four weeks to be reflected in the Zestimate.   However, the information we updated was available immediately as well as "owner's Zestimate".

When did you enter the info?