Where do I start?

I am looking to get into my first home within the next 6-12 months. I have absolutely no idea where to start. I see HUD homes for cheap, how do people qualify to get into those deals?
  • July 19 2012 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Pamela Shemet

I would recommend speaking with your lender to find out how much house you can afford. Good luck with your first home!

As long as you have sufficient credit to get a home loan, and plan to live there for the next 12 months at least, you're qualified to buy one.  Get a good realtor in your area who has experience in HUD homes.  You can stop by any major realty agency and speak with the broker to find out the best realtor for you.

Make sure you're comfortable with the realtor though.  Check out the guidelines at: http://www.residential-real-estate-companion.com/find-a-real-estate-agent.html

Misty

Your first step is to get preapproved with a lender.