Where do I suggest a feature?

One feature that I am immediately looking for, is the ability to mark properties as "rejected" or "not interested". When I was looking for my first house I didn't know about Zillow and probably wasn't as feature-rich as it is today so I ended up managing my house search in Google Maps with pins for each property I looked at. The pins were helpful in helping to organize my search into categories of: need to look at, liked, and did not like. I ended up driving by and walking up to over 300 houses before buying my first home in a couple of months. Now I am looking for my second home and Zillow is great for passing information between my computer at home and phone while out looking at properties. It would be great if Zillow could offer something like a simple field, or flag, or status to indicate that I have looked at a property and liked or disliked it so that I can know not to return to that property. I will probably start with the notes field but that doesn't show up on the map view.
  • June 29 2013 - Detroit
  • 0

People  have been asking for it for years, hence the reason for suggesting a partial work around.

If I were looking, I'd put all homes of interested (or not decided) as favorites and then remove the favorite status as I ruled the house out.

The problem with that solution is that I can't choose to make the icon red again if I haven't decided on the property yet. So if I view all the properties while I am at home they are then pink and not red when I am out looking at the actual property - in real life.

Thank you for the quick reply however. I still think that this would be a great addition to the site and mobile application. I understand, just because on the surface it seems to be a small change, that it is actually much more complex to actually implement; it's not as simple as adding a single field to a DB table. I still hope that this gets some tracking and priority in the future.

While it doesn't work exactly as you suggest, you can achieve your goal. If you like a home, save it as a favorite and it will appear with a heart on it on the map.  Once you've looked at a home the icon turns from red to pink, so the pink without hearts will be ones you don't like.  The pink with hearts will be the ones that are interesting to you.  You can always remove them from  your favorites later.