Profile picture for BoyWinston

Where do you get your Estimate facts ... They are insulting and incorrect!

I live at 102 Reinhold Lane in Cary, NC ..... all of a sudden you have totally insulted our home and us with your  Zestimate value ...... Our tax value - which now they do nuse so we paid $400.00 in April 2011 for an appraisal .... Zillow is way off and WE do nnot want your company to continue to advertise our home on line as of today, June 18, 2011.  If it is not off line by Monday we will take this up with the owners of Zillow.  Thank you,   Linda and Neil Soeder .... 919-380-8474
  • June 18 2011 - Raleigh
  • 0

Best Answer

Your agent did a good speedy job of removing the advertising appearing on Zillow.  I'm impressed as I thought the feeds updated overnight.

Here is Zillow's FAQ on "Can I remove my home from Zillow?".   

If you are upset that your house details are in public records, the right parties to discuss this with are your government reps.

As described previously, a friendly individual who is not Zillow employee stopped by to give you a hand (no charge); Zillow customer service tends to work M - F standard west coast business hours.   You got a lot accomplished for a Saturday due to a kind stranger.

Profile picture for hpvanc
Here are a few more places that public information is used to create an estimated value for your property.

http://www.eppraisal.com/Home-Values-102-reinhold-ln-cary-nc-27513-93499457.mvc

http://www.realestate.com/NC/Cary/25475205-102-Reinhold-Ln-Cary-NC-27513-property.aspx

http://www.homegain.com/homevalues/Cary-NC/27513/102-Reinhold-Ln

https://valuemap.facorelogic.com/ValueMapMin.aspx?licenseCode=7b8d1ade5eb445ffbb25a3e7373cd933

I'm sure if you search you can find more, there are often regional ones as well, these are national free AVM's that do not remove opinion based on publicly available data (required by law in most states) when a property is for sale.

I am sorry this is so troublesome for you. I  do not represent Zillow . I am a local Triangle realtor. Here is a link to Zillow's Frequently Asked Questions, it might help you. Let me just say that as a local realtor, I do not use Zillow to value a property, I use our local MLS system. Zillow is a wonderful tool for my clients to seek answers and to look at homes that are on the market. http://www.zillow.com/wikipages/Most-Popular-Zillow-Questions/

Profile picture for BoyWinston

Wetdawgs .... I am impressed by your feedback .... Also ZILLOW has no "right" to post anything that is not sent via an agent.  I did see earlier on ZILLOW just Zestimate with that same low figure - immediately I sent it to my agent who did act fast - AS of this evening 102 Reinhold Lane, Cary, NC is not on ZILLOW and may it remain that way.  Thanks again for your worth while information.   Linda and Neil

Profile picture for BoyWinston
NOW .... you ZILLOW don't get it ... Our agent has removed what she thought was everything .... NOW you ZILLOW just have the Zestimate --- someone had better get this matter taken care of and soon --- REMOVE everything you have in your data base that relates to 102 Reinhold Lane, Cary, NC .................. Thanks

Profile picture for BoyWinston

Thanks so much for your reply.   Emailed our agent to handled ....

Profile picture for BoyWinston
Thanks so much for your input ...... I have emailed our agent to handle ....

I am not a Zillow rep, but from experience with the site thought I may be able to offer some help.   The listing will need to be changed on the data feed here in order to not appear on Zillow.  Once removed from the data feed, it will change status on Zillow between 24 and 72 h.  If not removed from the data feed (by your agent), it will keep reappearing on Zillow as Zillow doesn't have control over the data feeds.

Zillow customer service is mainly available M - F   I've flagged your post so it will come to their attention.