Profile picture for Wrightkym

Where is your favorite spot to watch the sunset in San Diego?

San Diego is famous for spectacular sunsets, both inland and on the ocean.  Where is your favorite place to watch the sunset in San Diego? 

I live in Encintas [hotlink deleted by Zillow moderator*] and right in my backyard we can watch the sun setting beautifully over the mountains with the hot air balloons that glide down over the valley towards the ocean.  Spectacular!

* While enjoying the sunset, Please refer to our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines.
  • September 23 2011 - Encinitas
  • 0

My sons are going to San Diego while touring the West and I am going to share this with them. Thank-you so much!

It would be difficult to pick an absolute favorite spot for watching the sunset, but one of my favorite spots is at La Jolla Cove on the pier near where the seals sunbathe.

From the beach by the Hotel Del Coronado.