Profile picture for WantToInvest

Where to invest 250k for rental property?

I have 180k cash and possibly get 60k mortage for a rental property. So total about 250k. 

My goal is to have cash flow positive property which will give me at least 10% after the property tax, mortgage, increase in the price etc. 

1) Which areas within USA I should focu on? I look into san francisco but the inventory in my budget is pretty small. 

2) If I am paying 66% and asking for 33% mortage with excellent credit score, will I qualify for mortgage for rental property?

November 01 2012 - US

I could set you up with a number of good possibilities down in So-Cal if the market interests you.  Plenty of assets at your price range in diverse communities, and areas where Section-8 (subsidized housing) are common.

Feel free to email me if interested.  Pretty much good rentals exist in MANY markets throughout the US.  I only work in So-Cal because of the equity the rental will build over the years is probably going to be a lot higher than most other US markets.

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck