Profile picture for jpmd70

Where to start w/ FHA streamline refinance

Hi, not sure were to start. Looking into FHA streamline refinance. Original loan was 122,000 @ 6.5% in 12/2001 with CitiMortage. Currently @ 105,000. Who should I start calling first to get the best information to try and start saving money? 
  • March 14 2011 - Grand Island

You certainly should be able to benefit from a Streamline.  You can post a request in the Zillow Mortgage Marketplace and get some quotes on what you might qualify.

You can also search the lender directory for Loan Originators that cover your specific area.

I defer to Justin's recommendation.  Go with whom you feel will best serve your needs.

You should first ask Citibank. A streamline does not need an appraisal. If Citibank isn't interested consult a licensed mortgage originator.

Shop with 2 lenders and see who gives you the best rate and lowest fee's

Profile picture for Frank Eliason
jpmd70, my name is Frank Eliason and I work for Citi, focusing on service. I read your post, and wanted to make myself available to you if you'd like to speak. My email address is below.

There is also a great deal of value in the remarks of the other contributors here.

Regards,

Frank Eliason
Citi
frank.eliason@citi.com