Profile picture for rhondaREO

Which Designations or Certifications are worth it when it comes to short-sales & Foreclosures?

Will Asset Managers contact you, to list a short-sale or foreclosure because you have a certain Designation or Certification?
  • August 23 2013 - US
  • 0

You need lots of cash to take care of the property and hope it sells so you can recover that outlay.....

Ummmm. I have no designation. I have however worked extensively with all aspects of loan modification, including short sale. I may choose to add those extra letters at the end of my name, but is it actually necessary? I would strongly agree that the experience would outweigh the letters on the business card.

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
Stop, you are going to make me laugh now talking like that. No, the designations are pretty meaningless unless you want to prove you can stay awake through a 2 hour class.

Listing short sales and bank owned homes is not easy and those can be very demanding. Banks are also notorious for giving only 1 % as a listing commission so those companies have to list a lot of them and sell a few themselves to make it profitable.

Experience - that is what really counts in real estate.