Profile picture for doralgate

Which Season is cheapest to have interior repainted?

I assume it's during the winter months when the painters do not have exteriors to attend to....does that assumption make sense? Aslo would you always get all trim painted when getting walls painted and how about ceilings? And if any pro's are out there how would the cost be split out....i'd figure the walls the most and trim about the same due to detail involved, ceiling fairly cheap...???

• August 21 2012 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for doralgate
Thank you al for your answers....just confirming what I figured would be the outcome anyways....was just not ready to call someone and have them give me their sales "spiel"...

In my area, winter is the cheapest time to have interior painting done especially around the holidays when work is slow and most people do not want the inconvenience.

Being flexible in your timing and willing to be an on call client for slow times is a good way for painters to get work and for you to get a better deal.

Why not call some painters in your area and ask?  We do all our own interior painting.  Walls are the easiest, ceilings harder (requires a lot more prep of the room) and the trim the most time consuming requiring the highest skill level and patience.  

Profile picture for AmandaMack1
I am not a painter but I have had to have plenty of listings painted.  Here is what I do know.  Having trim painted costs much more then having walls painted.  Here is an example: the living room and hall cost $450 then the trim was $800. 

The painter explained that the reason was because the oil based paint is more expensive and the trim is more detailed and takes more time to paint.  I have not had to have a ceiling painted so I can not answer that question.  I don't think the time of the year will only matter depending on where you are.  Here in North Texas it will not make a difference.  I hope this helps some.