Profile picture for gaucon1973

Which area is good for family with kid in Orlando.. ?

I am looking to buy a house in the price range 250000 to 400000 in Orlando area.. I prefer the house in a gated comunity that has all kinds of facilities. Couldl you pls tell me which area is best in Orlando ? I am renting a house in Mt Dora area and really like it.. However , just want to move closer to Orlando for work convinience..

• May 09 2009 - Orlando
  • 0

Best Answer

Gaucon,

Look at Lake Mary voted the 4th best city in Orlando for family life.

Lake Nona is up and coming.

Windermere fits also.

Broker Dave
GRI / ePRO / GREEN certified

Avalon park is a great place for kids lee vista

I live in Avalon Park. It's on the east side of Orlando, where you have Waterford Lakes, Eastwood and Stoneybrook as well. The last two subdivisions have gated communities that I would recommend. They are in your budget, have great facilities for the kids all around and are A schools. There's plenty of shopping, major highways and close to airport. If you need any further help, just let me know.
You may consider living close to your job as well.

Crystal Adams
Trace Investment Company

Profile picture for Mark LeMenager
If kids are a primary consideration, then check out Harmony.  Kids in Harmony can walk to school from Kindergarden to 12th grade and there are numerous community activities for them.

Harmony is in Osceola County and is located half way between Disney and the Atlantic, about 50 minutes to each.

We've lived in Celebration and know Lake Nona well.  They are great places, also.  But when it came time to build our house we chose Harmony.

Regards,
Mark LeMenager
Weichert, Realtors - Hallmark Properties
[content removed by moderator for being self promotional]

Profile picture for AAPL
Dave,  I agree the South Winter Garden area might be great area because of the "Horizons West" which will be built over the next decade.  Take a drive through a few of those communities around dusk  and you will see many are ghost towns.   Some of them were heavily speculated and have some of the highest % of Lis filings anywhere in Orlando ( aside from poinciana and vista lakes ).  

FYI The city of Orlando has a complete proposed zoning map of the horizons west area.  After rubbing my crystal ball  I am going to guess that within 3-5 years ( depending on speed of growth)  that  Horizons West will be rezoned away from Winter Garden to become it's own city/ township.

Gaucon,

Have you checked out the area just outside of Windermere, the back side of Disney just off the beltway, it's nice and has become my 4th best area of Orlando.

Broker Dave, Orlando

Profile picture for AAPL
Lake Nona will be up an coming for years to come.  It's a nice area but there just isnt alot there.  Hunters Creek went through the same growing pains years ago  and has finally become a place that you dont have to leave whenever you want to go shopping etc.

I have lived in all 3 areas. I lived in  Lake Nona  ( North Shore at Lake Hart) to be exact  and I prefer Windermere MUCH more. Windermere has much more entertainment close by. Disney, Attractions area is close by, and Traffic is SOOO much better on the west side.  Lake Mary is nice but the traffic on i-4 is too much for me. It's 40 minutes to the beach but also 40 minutes down to the attractions area. Seminole County does have some of the best schools in central Florida.

I'm not knocking Lake Nona  because it is a nice area. but I have concern with the schools and hospitals coming  how it will change the area with the dynamic of people that move to the area.  Also if you are considering moving to Lake Nona  I would suggest that you drive downtown one morning during rush hour prior to signing on the house. It will take you 30 plus minutes any route you choose.

For the price range you are looking  I would go with Lake Nona or Windermere.  Both have great schools just depends on preference. FYI... You will probably get a bit more house for your money in Lake Nona.

Profile picture for gaucon1973
thanks Dave for yourI  sugestion.. I think Lake Nona is fit with my price range.. I love Lake Mary area.. but the houses are so expensive.. Which community in Lake Nona is the best ?

thanks

Profile picture for Good to go
Celebration- best place.