Profile picture for shawnyu05

Which area is the lower property tax near cook or lake county in Illinois? I prefer northwest area.

• April 15 2011 - Mount Prospect
  • 0

Cook is typically lower than Lake County.

Profile picture for shawnyu05
That was help,
I am still looking for the house around north shore and northwest area.
Never looked around Shaumberg area.

I may sound partial to Schaumburg, but I forgot to mention they pay the garbage collection and now we do not need vehicle stickers. which in my case (with a smaller home and tax bill) comes out about even with the tax bill they just started and are now reducing....
If you keep to a modest size home, your new areas tax bill will be more tolerable. Be sure you get all the applicable exemptions you are entitled too and ask for the assessment to be reduced when you are able.

Profile picture for shawnyu05
I am the first home buyer, shocked our property tax is so high compare to other state.

Currently I think Elk Grove does not charge, so you just pay the other taxing bodies on the county tax bill. Schaumburg used to not have a Village portion of the bill either and is seeming to head back in that direction under the fantastic leadership of our Village President Al Larson. Most of the other villages have a good sized portion going to their coffers. Cook County is usually lower compared to other nearby counties for the same home. I encourage you to do your own comparisons, but those are my observations.