Profile picture for iloveswmo

Which credit bureau usually has the middle score?

I would like to know so I can sign up to check it.  My equifax score is 637 currently, and in the next couple of months I plan on paying down on our car to hopefully get the score up more.  Thanks!
  • December 18 2010 - Purcell
  • 0

There is no way of really knowing what bureau will have the middle score. Before you pay $4k on the car loan, I would recommend cleaning up the charge off, and put $2500 towards the car loan. In most cases, you can negotiate a repayment for the chargeoff but it is noted on your credit that you paid a lower amount. Get with a mortgage professional who has access to a credit simulator as one Lender has said, to make sure you maximize the $4k you intend to use to improve your credit!

Which credit bureaus reporting the higher/lower scores is dependant on many factors.  Region of the country you live in. the primary lenders you have (local bank, national lenders etc)

Profile picture for iloveswmo
We plan on paying at least half of our car off.  We owe approx. $8,500 and want to pay at least $4,000 of it off in the next couple of months.  We have one charge card but it is a charge off and the balance is around $1,500, I believe. The car is a loan.

there's not typically a bureau that holds a middle score. The main reason they're different is due to creditors not providing all 3 bureaus the information, instead reporting to 1 or 2 of them. When you're trying to see your scores, then make sure it states FICO, which is what the Lenders use. I forget, but one of the bureaus stopped providing the FICO scores, and started with another credit score. They still provide the Lender with the FICO score, but not the public.

in regards to who is usually the middle score. Thier isn't one particular to bureau that ends up being the middle score.  I think what you need to do is find a local mortgage lender in your area. Sit down with them and review your credit profile. We have access to simulators that tell us if you pay down your balance on your charge card you score will potentially go up. I would recommend paying that car down yet. Is your car payment a lease or a loan.  IF you have a car loan with 10 payments or less we can knock it out of your debt ratio. However if it is a care lease it doesn't matter how many payments that you have left.  I strongly recommend sitting down with a local lender and reviewing your credit.  It could be that you have several small charge cards with limits of around $1000.00 and you have balances of of $600.00. If you pay those down you will see improvement in your scores. You need someone to review your report with you in person.