Profile picture for AmineBerrada1

Which is better for marketing? realtor.com or zillow.com for exposure of your own listings?

• October 23 2013 - Julian
  • 0

The answer to your question would be another question. Which one works better for you in your area? Everything is relative. Try them both. Maybe you'll get great results from both and keep both. Just because one agent has a good experience with one doesn't mean another will and vice versa. When I have a listing I cast as large a net as possible to get as many views as possible. That means using as many resources as possible to get the word out and get my property in front of people. If you throw enough spaghetti at the wall sooner or later something will stick.

Profile picture for AmineBerrada1
I pay 71 Dollars per month for Realtor.com showcase so that my information appears right next to my own listing.
I was just wondering if zillowShop Premier Agent Ad Packages for 49 Dollars per month is better?

Realtor.com is for listings by brokers. I doubt you will be able to post FSBO, that would defy the purpose of this webpage as members of NAR (National Association of Realtors) are paying considerable dues for that privilege.

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
Bob, correct me if I am wrong but to be a Realtor you must belong to NAR and pay dues. If you don't then you are not a Realtor. Therefore all Realtors are dues paying people.

tim

Yes, more is better, but I see Zillow as the better website. Realtor.com does not show all the listings available - only those from dues paying Realtors. In our state, about half of the agents are now non-realtors. 
So to get the best exposure dress up your listings on Zillow.

Why are you asking one vs the other?    Is it not possible that broad exposure is to your benefit?