Profile picture for WendellHamilton

Who can I talk to, to help me get my credit good enough to be approved

I would like to get the house on 49 Village Center Homosassa, Fl. My credit is challenged. I have a great career, I make at the very least 43,000 a yr. I just need a path to follow. Any help you can give. 
  • June 17 2012 - Homosassa
  • 0

Talk to at least two lenders and then follow up their recommendations until you are ready to buy!  Good luck!

I had low credit scored due to not having enough credit.  I had to get a couple of store credit cards and charge a little and partially pay them off each month.
Now everything is fine.  It was a strange road to take. Don't pay off an creditors that you think you have paid - they sometimes sell the old debt, even after is was paid to another creditor.  If you contact them or pay it again, it will show up on your report for 7 or so more years. Keep good records. 

I really learned a lot at www.myfico.com and raised our scores about 30+ points a month. It is a great website for learning and asking questions. I retrieved our reports from www.annualcreditreports.com also.

What do you think your problems are?

If you submit a Zillow mortgage request you should be able to view mortgage lenders who work with clients with impaired credit(we are one of them).  I hope this helps.

Al Norman
Branch Manager
PRMI

Feel free to contact me. I'm not a lender but I can refer you to someone in your area that can help you out. It make take some time to get the credit issues addressed, but your first step is to identify the issues and establish a gameplan. When you work with the right lender the process will be straightforward and easy to execute. Pleas contact me and I'll point you in the right direction. I'm happy to help.

Steve

Welcome to Zillow.   If you are "credit challenged", do you know your current FICO scores?    Do you know the reasons for the challenges?   '

If your scores are below a certain level, there is not such a thing as instant repair.   You would have to identify the issues, change your habits and develop a history of responsible use of credit.   (It may be too soon to identify a house of interest.)

Here's a link to things contributing to your credit score(s).