Who can do my loan that is local in San Diego

Please text me so I can call you. My name is Roman and I want to buy soon in San Diego.[phone number removed by Zillow moderator]
  • August 16 2012 - San Diego
  • 0

Kind of hard to anwser, what are you trying to buy? A house?, a commercial building? Land?

Not to mention your qualifying data?

Roman - I am in San Diego and I can DO your loan.

Profile picture for Go Huskers
Hey Corey, 

The OP didn't ask for an agent to help them buy, find a house to buy, refer a loan officer or anything to do with buying other than what the words say. They asked for a someone to DO their loan. 

DO
v. did (dd), done (dn), do·ing, does (dz)
a. To perform or execute: 
b. To fulfill the requirements of: 
c. To carry out; commit: 
Regardless of what you say, the answer to "Who can DO my loan" is not "Call me for assistance" unless you are licensed to "DO" it.

Today's word is "DO"

Roman's # was wrong..? no way.

Hey Go Huskers,

Agents work with buyers, that's why agents responded, "I want to buy soon." Plus, they know which local lenders close loans - one of the things he needed help with. The agents were offering people their services as agents and names of lenders they trust. That what agents do, help people - try it and you'll get referrals too! And, weird that you jumped in so forcefully after 209 posts, when the person asking the question just signed up anonymously and posted the wrong number ... just saying ...

Seriously?
I am pretty sure my offer of assistance to someone saying they wanted to buy soon is vague enough to not be interpreted as a soliciation of a loan application, but point taken, I will be more specific in the future.

Profile picture for Go Huskers
Lots of agents think that way Sinead, you may find a few here.

CA DRE Summary of Enforcement Actions (7/1/2012 - 7/31/2012)

Take particular note of the decist and refrain orders for acting without a license.

I suggest you read this again.

...a Mortgage Loan Originator License Endorsement (MLO Endorsement) must be obtained before a real estate licensee (That would be you) can solicit or originate a loan application, or negotiate or offer to
negotiate
any residential mortgage loans.

Yes, I know my constant ramblings on this may seem overboard or d-baggy, but LO's are under enough scrutiny these days without adding rogue agents to the mix of misinformation.

You are an agent, stick to that.

I was responding to the part in his question, where he says he would like to buy soon in San Diego. That's what I do, help people buy and sell homes.

For the record, I did text him the name and phone number of a loan officer. Give me a break! :)

Thanks Again!

Profile picture for CA Direct Lending
You didn't read it wrong. The poster asked for help with a loan and Sinead responded saying that she could assist. The way Andrea responded is very clear that she isn't soliciting a loan.

Profile picture for Go Huskers
" I didn't solicit a mortgage origination, but thanks anyways."

You didn't? I must have read incorrectly then..

The borrower asked: "Who can do my loan that is local in San Diego"

And you said " Call me for assistance, 858-LUV-SPAM." (Ok that's not really the number you posted but same diff)

Did I read it wrong? They didn't ask who can help me find someone to do my loan if that's your defense. The question was clear and the response was as well.

Hi Roman,
I sent you a text with an excellent loan officer, but the number you gave here appears to be incorrect.
[spam removed by Zillow moderator.  Please look at our Good Neighbor Policy for details.]

I didn't solicit a mortgage origination, but thanks anyways.

Profile picture for Go Huskers
"Hey Roman,
I just sent you a text. You probably don't want to put your number on the web like this, you will probably be innudated with calls! Call me for assistance "

Hey Sinead, 
You probably want to be an actual licensed MLO if you are going to solicit a mortgage origination. It happens to be the law.

"Beginning April 6, 2011 a Mortgage Loan Originator License
Endorsement (MLO Endorsement) must be obtained before a real estate
licensee can solicit or originate a loan application, or negotiate or offer to
negotiate any residential mortgage loans. This is in compliance with the
federal Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act
(SAFE Act). The SAFE Act is intended to provide uniform national
mortgage loan originator licensing standards, which will require
minimum licensing and education. It is also designed to create a
comprehensive national licensing database to enable government and
consumers to track loan originators and help prevent fraud. Loan
originators registered in the national database will be provided with a
Unique Identifier."

Profile picture for CA Direct Lending
Roman, I sent a text to you at that number and it appears to be incorrect.  It's another person and from his response I can gather he's not very happy.  

[spam removed by Zillow moderator.  Please refer to our Good Neighbor Policy for details.]