Profile picture for Ldu429

Who do I contact about a house in preforclosure

The house I am inquiring about is zillow ID 2133318469

April 09 2010 - Far Rockaway

The home is likely listed on Zillow because a notice of defaul (Lis Pendens) on the mortgage was sent to the owner, and Foreclosure.com picked up on it.  More information appears to be available on Foreclosure.com.  I did not find it on my sources for that sort of thing, so it may not be in my system, or I misunderstood the address. 
I suggest the next step is for you to interview 3 local agents and choose one to get professinoal guidance, as going it alone is something I think should be reserved for experienced residential real estate investors.  You are looking for someone with a great deal of experience and with success in the short sale environment.  Respected business owners and attorneys are likely to be a good source for finding the most professional agents.
Taylor

Profile picture for Ldu429
I am  an interested buyer. I drove by the property noone lives there and there is no for sale sign. It is listed on Zillow  not sure what my next step would be.

Who you contact depends on your position relative to the property.
Are you the owner needing help with a preforeclosure you want to stall, slow down or fix?  An attorney or mortgage professional may be your best bet. 
Are you an owner wanting to sell out of a preforeclosure?  A REALTOR who has experience in handling "distressed" property is a good direction for you.
Are you an interested buyer?   A Realtor who knows how to handle this situation is a good start.  Consider looking for those with a designation which identifies someone who understands and is focused on this complicated niche of the business.  Otherwise, you can approach the owner directly.  The direct approach is best reserved for experienced players who have a team in place - attorney, insurer, title examiner, contractor, etc.  
If you could provide a bit more information about what your needs are, I expect the answers to start flowing your way resulting in more pointed information for your specific need/situation.  Best of luck, 
Taylor