Profile picture for Mark Litchfield

Who do I contact to correct lot size information regarding my property

As much as I dislike the Zestimates offered by zillow (two independent appraisals on the house by leading bank appointed appraisers - BoA put my property at over $700k), the fact remains when people are considering a house purchase, zillow is becoming a defacto tool in their search for their new home and as such, I would suggest that even if your house appears on zillow, you should do everything you can to ensure a maximum Zestimate.

Details on my property for example, lists the acreage as 5, when, if they had be doing their homework correctly would determine it is now 7.5 acres.  Who do I need to contact to ensure this error is corrected.

• January 01 2008 - US

Hi Mark -

Our home facts are based from county records and checking on your property, I was able to verify that we have the same information as the Pierce County Assessor-Treasurer.  The information listed for the size of your home is SF: 217,800/Acres: 5.00 (http://www.piercecountywa.org/cfapps/atr/ePIP/land.cfm?parcel=0417072017).

To permanently correct the home details, you would need to get in touch with the county assessor's office and provide the new lot size of your home.  On our end, we have to wait until we have also been notified by 3rd party data providers that they have recorded the update (if we didn't wait for this process, the old record would override our correction, thus, resetting it). Our data providers will collect the new record from the county recorders' office.