Profile picture for hitest4

Who do I contact to offer my cleanup services for a foreclosed house in Crestline?

There is an abandoned eyesore house in the Cedar Pines Park area which needs cleaning, inside and out. Who can I contact to offer my cleanup services? Thanks, Mike

July 10 2010 - Crestline

I have represented many REO listings. Different banks have different requirements. One common requirement was for any vendor (cleaning, repairs, remodel) be licensed and insured. Usually they wanted the approved contractor to do the cleaning (or sub out the cleaning) that way, if any accidents happened you'd be covered with that contractor. Other REO agents have told me, the work was all handled by the bank. Some of the cleaning crews were sent all the way from Los Angeles! I admire your desire to work and to clean up your neighborhood. I would also suggest contacting the Realtor. Further, if you see a contractor at the home maybe you can offer your services to them as well.

If the house is foreclosed on, you should contact the listing agent to offer your services. REO agents normally have a crew of people who do that kind of stuff and then they bill the asset manager of the property.