Who is White Picture anyway?

I predict that white picture is a hired gun by either NAR, the banks, or some other real estate organization (OCAR etc). Does anyone know.

• September 02 2010 - US
  • 1

Profile picture for broker_GRI
Be careful Shevy,
You have posted some excellent insight here on the boards
but this post could be considered as being very personal

WP definitely believes in the concept of buying. I think that he mentioned in the past that he was somewhere in CA near LA and had purchased there. He tends to be an advocate for long term buying and definitely has sense of humor. I am not sure whether he is a hired gun for the banks or the NAR, but if he was I am sure that he would make a handsome spy. 

Everyone on Zillow has an opinion. Some are supported by numbers, others by experience and some by feeling. I appreciate your insightful posts and I hope that you keep posting. 

Profile picture for hpvanc
I don't think he is a plant.  He claims to be a relatively recent immigrant, and seems to have had rose colored lens implants, with regard to our great country.  Unfortunately he falls into the marketing traps easily because of this.  I have personal friends that fall into to this same category.

I hope he keeps posting.  Even with his broken english, his views are based on more incite and fact than 99.9% of the "BUY NOW OR ELSE" "professional" posters.  He makes an excellent 3rd party devils advocate, and the discussion boards are better for him being here.

I rarely agree with him, but I do have respect for him.

Profile picture for Mills Realty
I doubt there is a shill among us...just many diffent opinions which keeps the forum entertaining.

Profile picture for Dunes....
An opposing view/perspective supported with some form of logic, data, examples, numbers ect. can only make those taking a different position better, more informed in my opinion..

That scenario inspires or requires us to be sure of our logic, data ect. and to stay up to date on developments in the Market...
It also provides those not participating but looking some comparables for making/forming their opinion by learning of new resources or data or thoughts to review which can only improve their Decision making and assist them in becoming more informed..

Isn't that what this (The Forum) is SUPPOSE to be about?

Plant or not what difference does it make if it forces us to be sure of our claims,position or opinion?
IMHO it can only improve the Credibility we have for taking our position having our opinion (whatever that maybe) and help us/others to LISTEN/Review and respond  to the views of others with more than a simple...OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Like others have mentioned I have enjoyed reading your posts and appreciate you taking the time to contribute....

Profile picture for Blue in d Nile
I have completely forgotten all the User names and Avatars that White Picture used.  Many more user names than most people; but only one account (as far as I can tell, though he did remind me a lot of PlarUSA for awhile, which was a different user, not just a different user name, and PlarUSA had more than one user account).  As for avatar changes; no where near as many as MPAL.

At least White Picture is consistent with posting style, language usage, market outlook, and math skills.  Unlike Long Island Real Estate who used multiple user names to bump up his Google search ratings, and ran many posts through double automatic translators to simulate being a foreigner, but who was an agent rather than a buyer or recent purchaser.

And yes, for awhile I though that Agent Bob might be using an alias...  but White Picture's interests seem to mostly be Los Angeles area, and Las Vegas area, rather than Orange County.

As there are many users that have 5 accounts or more (especially the more abusive ones and the ones trying to game Google ratings and referrals); I started writing a post probability identity checker based on word usage, sentence length, post length and punctuation; but I have put that project on hold.

It is always fun to watch Realtors or Loan officers dialog with themself using an alias.  The "classic" on the mortgage side is Jim Wornast who set up an account in his broker's name, and quotes using both profiles to double the Zillow allowed quotes per request per loan type, and has changed user names for both several times, and for a while was using the same Avatar for both.