Profile picture for blueblackhorn

Who is a "foreclosure specialist" and how does one contact him/her?

• April 27 2013 - Kansas City
  • 0

Profile picture for linspinola
I want to find out how to get in touch with someone . I have cash .

Profile picture for bkorabel1
if your home is about to be foreclosed in a short amount of time you need to contact an attorney for legal help and see if he/she can buy you some time to get an agent to coordinate a short sale for you.

If you want to know who will probably do the best call a local attorney and ask if they do many short sales and who is the agent who is able to get them to the closing table.

The truth is that the best way is to see or find out how many closings this agent has on record. The CDPE designation is worthless.. Its a class ( we took it ) of a couple of hours that is not worth it. the best way to know about foreclosure is experience. We do not work in your city, but we can give an opinion on the matter. We started doing short sales and foreclosure in 2007 and we have closed more than 200 short sales ( foreclosure status properties ). Find a real estate agent who can prove at least 100 short sale closings, that simple!...

I would talk to a realtor who has the CDPE designation.  A Certified Deistressed Property Expert has training above and beyond your everyday agent. I have this dsignation but I am in Phoenix so can't help you, but go to the CDPE website and look one up in your area. Good luck.

Technically, any realtor can help you buy a foreclosure.  Technically.  

I've been an Exclusive Buyer Agent for 18 years and I don't work with buyers looking specifically for foreclosed property because, as Rich stated below, there are a lot of legal issues involved and realtors aren't lawyers.

You can try asking HUD for a referral in your area, but do take the time to find someone great.  And if you're not willing to hire an attorney if/when an issue arises, don't even bother looking for foreclosed property.

As far as I am concerned, any agent that is not legally trained, can not be a "Foreclosure Specialist" There are too many Legal Issues that must be addressed to leave it up to an everyday Agent.
There have to be Attny's in KC that focus on Buyers and Sellers with the foreclosure process. Please, do yourself a favor and get legal advice. It's worth the investment.

Ha Ha Ha, Agents can bill themselves as specialists in anything they want.  I assume this agent focuses their practice on distressed properties, but "specialist" is a subjective term. Ask them what makes you a specialist?

There was a period where all I sold was foreclosed homes because that was where the market was at the time, I guess that would make me a specialist.

If I had my choice I would be a "Luxury Home, Cash Only, Quick Close Specialist", but that is only wishful thinking.

Do you want assistance with a short sale property....?  Maybe I can help you.