Who is responsible for submitting offers on HomePath homes?

Who is ultimately responsible for submitting offers to the asset managers on HomePath homes? I recently put an offer on a home through my realtors. Under the new electronic only homepath system. Does the offer go directly to the asset manager for approval or is it the responsibility of the listing agent to submit the offer to asset management?
  • March 02 2012 - New Orleans

Best Answer

With the new electronic HomePath system the offers should be going directly to the asset managers. They do this so that all offers get a fair chance at being reviewed. Juan

I sell Fannie Mae property and have done so for 11 years.  HomePath is great system because it allows Fannie Mae to see all the offers that come in on a property.  Many times, our offers come to us as listing agents incomplete.  I cannot tell you how many times agents have sent unsigned offers over to me.  That is not a legal offer to purchase.

A system had to be put into place to have a transparency in an effort to take care of the honest and weed out the bad.

The agent representing the buyer puts the offer in HomePath.

If they do in fact go straight to the asset manager I think its great since it is such a waiting game.  I like to think all realtors are fair and honest but I have had my doubts at times.

Profile picture for workabee
HomePath is the Swedish word for hurry up and wait.

Getting kinda ridiculous, it has been 10 days and I have not heard anything from Fannie. All the while more offers could be coming in.

I agree with Juan...they do in fact go straight to the asset manager. They have taken the Realtors out of the loop so that the offers get there in a timing manner. They also do this so they can collect as many offers out there on any given home and select the best and brightest of the offers. It's easier for them to receive them that way and make a determine on which one will net the bank the most money. Of course, it's all about the money!