Profile picture for sodone

Who is the most experienced, successful short sell realtor in the north metro Atlanta area?

I have a first and second mortgage and am deep under water and have also lost my job (luckily husband is still working).  Just stopped making the mortgage payments so am not officially in "default" yet.  I need someone with a proven track record who can guide me through this whole ugly mess.

August 01 2009 - Roswell

Best Answer
Dear Sodone,

My advice is to avoid 'specialists' who are also investors. They are not representing your interests. Instead they will try to drive the price down as much as possible for their own agenda.

You also don't want someone playing the numbers game. Signing up anyone and everyone is not the answer either. Instead, look for someone that will make diligent calls and follow ups to keep your file moving forward.

If you haven't found someone to represent your interests, give me a call. I would be happy to recommend a honest capable short sale specialists.

Tricia Pazol
404-218-6115 Direct

Sodone,

The first important question is to determine if you would like to remain in the home.  If you would like to remain in the home, then selling your home strictly on a short sale is not the choice that is in your best interest.   There are many programs that will allow you to remain in the home.    I'll be honest, a loan modification is a good choice; however, the approval rating on loan mods as a long-term solution is not that high.

We are an agency that is a network of the best resources.  We don't claim to be the best at any one thing and that is why we partner with the best to create solutions for individuals such as yourself.

If you are interested in staying in your home, we have access to a program that will negotiate with your bank to discount the property, make the necessary repairs and this agency will sell to a third party investor.  You will have a lease payment that is reasonable and a lease agreement that you sign at the closing that is locked for 2-years and additionally you will be able to buy the home back at price slightly above the amount that is was negotiated with the bank between a period of 1 - 5 years.    The agency will offer you free credit repair during that time.   If you default on the lease (need to be evicted) or voluntarily move out, you are entitled to 50% of the proceeds when the house is sold and this is a recorded option.    The lease back and buy back is fully disclosed to the lending institutions and the servicers and some will not cooperate such as Wells Fargo.   However, many will. 

If you just want to sell your house, we have a network around the country that are waiting on deals.

Penci, the post is from last December, most likely resolved after 11 months.

I am a real estate investor who is currently buy houses in North Metro Atlanta area. I would like to take a look at the numbers, if the term is attractive, I might be able to help. Be warn that I will be acting as an investor with the sole intention to make a profit, and will not be representing you in anyway. Call or email me if you are interested, might be able to avoid short sale or foreclosure but no guarantees. It depends on the terms and the numbers.

I'd be happy to speak with you and discuss what I can do for you.  Please call me at [content removed by moderator due to self-promotion]

Tim

Check out the web site for a certified distressed property expert in your area.  http://www.cdpe.com/home

I am a commercial agent and I know these two are some of the best pro's in the country. Good luck

Rick Ferguson

If they are a Realtor and not a just an agent you can find someone with a short sale/foreclosure certification... With that said, it does not necessarily mean they will do a better job than someone who does not have the additional training but, it is a starting point since many agents still don't have full knowledge of the workings of distressed properties.

Interview agents for their knowledge of, and the amount of short sale they have completed (lol, you can find some people who don't do it correctly and have short sales undercontract for almost a year with no closing in sight) or if you are with an agent who is part of a team, mentorship, or similar situation find out the numbers of the team, or mentor (meet with both) etc... not just the numbers of the company (as i have stated in the past you don't hire the firm an agent works for, you hired the individual or team, the firm does little to regulate what those agents do)...while you are doing this you need to get in contact with your lender and let them know you are in the process of finding an agent to help you with the short sale...

hopefully, that was a helpful starting point. good luck with your short sale

sorry, i just realized this was an august post (where is the delete reply lol)