Why HUD property takes too long to get the deed transfer?

It has been two months since contract signed.  I had to extend closing date twice and lock rate extension twice.  Is there a way to ask for help from HUD agency to move things faster?
  • August 01 2013 - Glendale
  • 0

I personally contacted FHA and HUD personels hoping they can give me an answer since no one (my realtor, loan officer, tittle company, HUD foreclosure company) can give me an exact answer.  They all wanted to cancel the contract because the cloud on the title can't be cleared.  My emails got escalated to HUD upper management and the director called me saying to hang in there.  I told my realtor tell all parties not to cancel the contract because I'm in contact with HUD personel.  So the contract is back on.  Now he told me the real reason was the attorney filed the deed in the wrong county.  It's in progress to be re-recorded.  Anyone know how long would it take to get the deed re-recorded?  Thank you!

There are many things that could hold up HUD from closing such as a Home Owner's Association or outstanding bills that title finds and needs HUD to approve the payment of them. 

Your realtor may have a relationship with the HUD closing agent and field service manager which will help if they communicate with them. I have successfully closed many HUD homes on time or before since HUD changed field service managers this year. They are difficult but, with the right communication, you have a better chance of moving things along. 

Good news is the reason HUD ever takes long is so that you get clear title. They are very thorough in getting all assessments and liens taken care of prior to conveying the home to you.