Why Zillow always has underestimate my property?

October 07 2011 - US

SunnyView is trying to be helpful, which do not bring to her any profit. At the end, as same as many homeowners, only you, who can make it different by claim your home on Zillow and edit the incorrect details, which may affect your Zestimate.

No worries about insulting me. I would probably be angry too if I felt I could not correct my house information. Your public information on Zillow comes to Zillow from companies that get it from your local assessor. If that information is not correct, you can verify it with your local assessor and alert Zillow.

You can flag your house to let Zillow know by using the yellow edit pencil under your main house photo to "report problem with listing". If Zillow got your house information wrong or transferred incorrect data, they will change it to match the local assessor information in just a few weeks. If you have a link to your local assessor information, that makes it faster for Zillow to check and correct. Hope it helps and good luck :)

You just don't get it. Did not I said that in my public records Zillow have not been accrued.? Once again, they failure to have the correct square feet, wrong amount of beds and so on. So, what part did you not understand. They public records are right, but Zillow not. You keeping defending Zillow, that shows you, person not worthy to trust. So stop what you doing, it is not good for bussiness, trust me!.bye.

"You seen to work for Zillow or have some conection with it."

Nope. I don't work for Zillow. I just post here, try to help people find useful information and look for information for my own use. No one should use Zillow to get anything more than an estimate of value based on specific public information and sales trends. All they have are numbers and cannot fully consider specific features of your house.

Waterfront property is especially hard to judge since it has such a range of values. If you have updated your house, you might consider updating your home facts so that Zillow figures those things into their number crunching. Not all updates affect your value, but some do help make your Zesitmate more accurate so it's worth a try. There is information on how to update your house here

Hey Curtis, that is what I thought, well I am going to make sure that I never will do bussiness with you, because you are what you are. Ha! Don't bother to respond and I will suggest to get a real job, apparentely you don't have nothing to do and you busy looking for other people bussiness. [inappropriate language deleted by Zillow moderator]

Maybe they arent....maybe you are overestimating it....

You seen to work for Zillow or have some conection with it. If that was the case, why Zillow had me for 3 beds, wrong living square and more, this info you can find in public records. My property is by a lake, with updating many items. When people see Zillow info most of them goes by what Zillow says, no for what it is really worth it. [edited by Zillow moderator for inappropriate language.  Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Why do you think that they have underestimated it? Zillow has a range of values based on public records and other information that they collect, but it is not meant to be an appraisal just an estimate.