Why are buyer prospects able to request an estimate on properties that are not for sale?

August 27 2011 - US

Best Answer
I would say its because Zillow provides that info as part of its business model.

Profile picture for hpvanc
Agent ads or agent links should not be showing up on the pages of properties not listed for sale, if they really want the current thinking to work they should provide a link to how to sell your home, and links to agents or the agent directory from there.  It is confusing, and Zillow has not adequately addressed that at this point, not for sale properties should not have agent links or agent ads on them.

Profile picture for Dunes....
Glad it was so quickly resolved..

Respects for acting on & resolving your clients concerns

I am a Zillow Premier Agent and got an email from a customer that does not like that his home appears to be for sale when it is not. I know that a home is listed on the Zillow site, as other real estate sites, based on a public record. That is easily explainable, however, there is a form that shows up on the page where the home is listed that shows three agents, and asks the buyer prospect to fill out the form to request and estimate on that particular property.

UPDATE! I see now that this is for a seller to fill out a request for an estimate. I like the inquirer made the same assumption that it was for a buyer request. My bad. I can see now why this is there.

Profile picture for Dunes....
Could you elaborate a bit?