Profile picture for gr8pic

Why are my home's pictures such poor quality and with a huge MLS watermark on them? The first one is

• April 23 2012 - Lake Country
  • 0

Best Answer

Your pictures have a watermark because your agent put the listing in the MLS and the listing appeared on Zillow because it got syndicated through the Point2 service.

Easy fix is for your agent to log into Zillow and replace the pictures with the original ones.  This will fix it.  You can also put up to 50 pictures on Zillow instead of just 25 in the MLS.

I don't subscribe to Point2 because I think it's a disservice when they distort the pictures.  Just a few more steps and I can have the high resolution pictures on all the main websites I want.

Naima

Profile picture for gr8pic
Thank you Naima!  After some hair-pulling, the agent was able to replace the awful water-marked pictures with the originals.  I appreciate everyone's suggestions here, thank you.

Did you find the feed source for your home?  What does it show?  

Profile picture for gr8pic
Thanks for your replies --- yes I have a lising agent, but she didn't put the watermarks on them; she is just as puzzled as I am.  The only place she posted the pics was on the MLS, but the pics have gone to other sites like realtor.com as well as zillow, and they are not marked there.

Is your home listed by an agent?    You can find the feed source for your home by opening the home details page (where you saw the photos) and scrolling all the way to the bottom.   Click on the listing website may give you some information about the photo source. 

If you have a listing agent, I would ask them if they can reduce the size of the watermark on your photos. It is pretty easy to do and if the listing is new to Zillow they may not have checked to see what it looks like so you could give them a heads up.