Why are the prices of homes in Northeast Philadelphia falling much more than your average property

in Philadelphia, especially in tne 19115 and 19154 zip codes. Is it the rising crime rates?
  • September 29 2012 - Torresdale
  • 0

Profile picture for Mike Bottaro
Where are you getting your information/statistics from? Values from what I have seen have been increasing in zip codes 19115 and 19154 and many others. I am with Carol seeing similar trends with sales in my business as well. Although there are some zip codes in Northeast Philadelphia currently containing values on the decline, that does not show true for most the zip codes - especially the ones you referenced.
  • January 11

Actually, in the last 2 weeks, I've had buyers write offers on properties in the Northeast and there were multiple bids on the properties, so there are still some hot areas within Northeast Philly, especially in 19115, 19116 and the Fox Chase area. Let me know what else I can help you with. Feel free to go to my website to view school and crime reports for Northeast Philadelphia.

Carol McCann, Remax Millennium
[Contact information has been removed by the Zillow Moderator. See our Good Neighbor Policy for details.]

It is tough to give a blanket answer to this questions. I have noticed that some sections of Northeast Philadelphia prices are declining more than the average but in others they are holding steady to the average. Northeast Philadelphia is such a large market (actually bigger then the rest of the city) and even the 19115 and 19154 zip codes are large enough that they contain multiple neighborhoods. 

Also, some other parts of the city are showing increases in prices because there is new development. (such as Fishtown, Graduate Hospital, Northern Liberties, South Philadelphia). New development will show an increase in prices.