Why are there 3 homes sold in my neighborhood this year not shown as sold on your site?

I am a Realtor and the homeowner of a house for sale in Yellowstone. Your "Zestimate" is insane! Did you know that there are 3 homes that have sold this year in my neighborhood that are not on your sold houses list? (all on Old Faithful Drive if you need help finding them). Did you also know that all square footage is not the same? Our local MLS started adding finished basement SF into the total sf listed. Basement sf isn't even close to the value of main levels. (they add about $15,000 to the total price). So, if you use the logic that all sf is the same the house down the hill that sold for $300,000 that is very much like mine besides the finished basement the house would seem double the size and value when in fact that's no where close. I wonder how you come up with Zestimates when you don't even have this years sold houses on your site...
  • August 03 2012 - Hebron
  • 0