Profile picture for kcs2c

Why are there differences in the available data

Why are different amounts of information available for 2 properties that are side-by-side? Does Zillow allow sellers of featured listings to suppress information?

2343 Traymore Rd, Richmond VA is a featured listing and has no information available

2351 Traymore Rd, Richmond VA is right next door, same county, built the same time, has a ton of info. Not only is there a zestimate, there is info about past sales, and the last several years of tax assessments.

I am fine if zillow's business model is to pimp houses for real estate professionals. As a potential buyer I am disappointed that is the model and feel the usefulness of the site to me is severely compromised.

From my POV, at the very least, the factual historical data should be available. Maybe you could allow the sellers to suppress the actual Zestimate and graphs and post a note about why the sales price is disconnected from the property tax information.
  • September 02 2009 - Richmond
  • 0

Profile picture for Damon Daniels
I do not claim to be a Zillow expert but I have noticed that houses being listed for sale and the Zestimate disappearing. I find it hypocritical to remove the very basis of the website's existence. Let buyers see the homes info. As you suggest, listing agents may be able to suppress information as they see fit.