Profile picture for gbmilo

Why are you low balling my zestimate by $ 25,000.00?

I am a disabled veteran and my tax evaluation assessment  on my property at 732 dewberry drive is $25,000 lower than three of my neighbors? For your information using the County tax assessment  records for asigning a ZZestimate value is  $50 ,000 on the low side because I receive aan aassessment decrease for my VA diability compensation ! Please correct my Zestimate upwards  to coincide with my neighbors on Dewberry or lower my neighbors Zestimates  by 25,000 $'s
  • January 30 2012 - Saint Johns

Profile picture for AlmaKee
Dear GB Milo,

First of all, thank you for your service to our country.

If you're selling your property then a Realtor and/or a licensed appraiser will help you determine your asking price.

The lower value given by Zillow (although it may be seen by prospective buyers) will not affect what price you will be able to sell your property for.  The active competing listings will be seen by Buyers and then if your house is priced correctly and in nice condition then a buyer will make an offer.  Most buyers cannot pay ALL CASH so their lender will hire an appraiser to determine value.  The appraiser doesn't care what value any website has, they will look at sales of similar homes within the past 90 days to arrive at a current market value.

Veterans hold a special place in my heart.

Alma Kee

Profile picture for Caveat Emptor
well, inaccurate or not, zillow uses tax data for their numbers and if you pay lower taxes than all your neighbors, it effects your zestimate.

Zillow doesn't adjust their numbers for ego.