Profile picture for Paul A. Werner

Why can't I edit and update infomation for my residence on My Zillow account?

• January 16 2012 - Fairfield
  • 0

Profile picture for Neil R
  • Neil RZillow
Hi Paul -

Our apologies for not getting back to you in a timely manner.

I was able to check your flags and it seems that you have used a different account to make the changes before. I'll give you more details offline.

Neil

Profile picture for Paul A. Werner
This is getting very frustrating.  I have previously claimed my home and have already used the "edit home facts" feature.  It is not listed by an agent and has no MLS identifier.  Also, I have used different passwords but I have not changed my sign in name, so I have no other user name to correct.  Because of this frustration, I am seriously thinking about canceling my Zillow account. 

Under your profile, there is no record of claiming your home.   Is it possible you used a different sign in name to claim the home?   If that is the case, you'll need to sign in with the other user name to edit.  Or, is it possible an agent has it listed?

If your home is not for sale, there is no "edit listing" option but an edit home facts option (which works only if you've claimed your home).    If it is for sale by an agent, then the agent will need to do the edits. 

Here is a link to the Zillow FAQ instructional video on editing home facts.

Profile picture for Paul A. Werner
I have already claimed my residence and was using the 'edit listing information" function but it has since been removed by Zillow. I have reported this to them but have not received any response. 

Before you can update and edit information for your home, you must claim it on Zillow.  In order to "claim" the home, open the home details page, hover cursor over "edit" and chose "claim your home" from the drop down menu.     Once you've done so, the editing features will work