Profile picture for checkman44

Why can't I update the last sale date on my house?

I have successfully made several updates correcting the data about my house. However, I have been trying for several months to correct the last sale date and price for the house and cannot seem to get it to take. The profile says according to public record it was sold in 2003 when I have owned it since 1975. Why can't I get this update to 'take'? There was absolutely no change in 2003.
  • November 12 2011 - US
  • 0

Good, I hope you flagged it so customer service can fix it for you.

Profile picture for checkman44
There was absolutely no change in the public record since the early 90's.

That is one data point that can't be edited by users.   However, you can flag it for Zillow to evaluate and confirm with public records.  Is it possible you refinanced, or had some other transaction that was recorded in 2005 that may be misinterpreted as a sale?

You can flag it by opening the home details page, scrolling to price history and clicking on the little white flag on the right end of the row of numbers with the incorrect entry.