Profile picture for Discipler12

Why did Zillow stop sending monthly e-mails on the actual market value of my home?

About six months ago, Zillow.com changed my home's listing from an actual market value listing to only showing whatever the county said was the "tax assessed value."  This is obviously waaaaayyyyyy below "market value."  Why the change?
  • July 29 2010 - Glasgow
  • 0

Profile picture for Discipler12
Nick,
Unfortunately, I tried all of the steps to add my own estimate to my home's listing on Zillow, but there is no link on my home's listing page (supposedly under "Charts and Data") that allows me to do so.  I have posted this problem as a questions to the forum as well.

Zestimates are updated 3 times per week, with over 300,000 ways to calculate a home's value. Without looking directly at your home on Zillow, my best guess is that the Zestimate calculator thought the best source of data to determine the home's value was from the tax assessor's office.

Now, with this in mind, you as the home owner can claim the house as yours and actually add your own "My Estimate" and add "Comments" explaining why you feel the home should be valued differently.

Hope this helps!

Nick Taylor