Profile picture for dillmand

Why did my valuation drop so much?

Hello- my house at 5842 Meadow Creek Lane, Loveland, CO, 80538 dropped to $160,000 this summer. Previously it was in the 180s and 190s  I just completed finishing the basement.  none of the other homes in the neigborhood suffered a similar decline.  Can you look in to it and let me know what happened and what my options are? 
  • August 14 2010 - Loveland
  • 0

Is you question based on the tax assessment for your home or a market evaluation completed by your local Realtor?  Most counties have been working to aline the tax base with the reality of our housing market.  If your assessment has been lowered, even with the basement work you have completed, that saves you money.  Unless you are ready to sell your home, why worry?  The valuation is based on current not future market.  So rest easy, talk with your Realtor if you need additional information and enjoy your home.