Profile picture for jcarrots

Why did the home values in my area just drop approx 10% in, when no sales have been recorded(30day)?

Why did my property drop while the town increased in total.  No sales posted close to me.
  • Question refers to 14 Teakwood Dr, Johnston, RI 02919
  • 0

You have several sales in early June here with lower prices per square foot than your current Zestimate. They may not be comparable to your house, but all Zillow has is the numbers in your local area.

Zillow is not an appraisal. If you want a better idea about your value, contact a local agent for a CMA. Most will do one for free or they may be able to give you a market snapshot on the phone if you give them an idea about the specifics of your house.

Even though no homes posted as Sold Zillow does not use Sold information direct from MLS to adjust values. If you would like an exact value of your hom I would suggest contacting a Realtor. This is a free service that most Realtors offer and is 100% more accurate then Zillow. I hope this helps!

Mark Kinslow II
Coldwell Banker