Profile picture for WesleyStephens6

Why do majority of the listings on zillow sem fake or property owner never responds?

• August 15 2013 - Upper West Side
  • 0

Sorry to hear you aren't getting replies on your inquiries. As a real estate agent, I try to answer all inquiries in the order they come in, but I do pay attention to the clues left me by the people who send me inquiries.

For instance, firing off a lot of automatic "please send me more information" inquiries can turn off a busy broker/owner. Getting multiple "please send me more information" emails comes across as window shopping, or worse, as automated spam.

Personally I've never understood that vague request for "more information". Try customizing your information request with a specific question or viewing request. Do you want SEE the apartment (say so and when)? Is there a SPECIFIC question that you have about this apartment (ask it in the initial contact)? Are you ready with all your paperwork to APPLY for an apartment (say so and state your intended move date)? 

These are things that would motivate an agent or owner to respond. Even if the property is rented/in contract (I don't see which you're looking for in the question), conveying an intent to act is more likely to evoke a response.

Also, try to send only one request to each agent. If you see three places that interest you advertised by the same agent, use the contact button, but write "I'm also interested in Properties A and B that you have listed. I am available to see them [whenever you want]".

If these ideas don't help you get a response, it's possible that the property is not on the market. That is very frustrating but unfortunately also not uncommon here in NYC.

Profile picture for JoshBarnettREIB
Because they are fake and zillow is not the market. 

We get that question all the time.  National web sites like Zillow and Trulia offer consumers a great service as part of their getting started process.  However real estate is like the weather, its local.  Find you a great local real estate professional.  In Louisiana buyers agents generally work for free (they are paid by the seller).  Why would you pass up free?

If you would like specifics, go to <Removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see Good Neighbor Policy. and click the Zillow menu tab.

I interview prospective buyers and sellers on a regular basis.  I would be glad to speak with you once you have spoken with a lender and have a letter of prequalification.  If you would like a list of local lenders to consider, please contact me at Zip711.com.

Cliff Grimsley
Carolyn Grimsley, CRS, ABR
<Removed by Zillow Moderator. Please see Good Neighbor Policy.

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
When you want to get really serious about looking for property to buy, then contact a Realtor near you and go that route and use online sites as the novelty they are. Realtors can send you real, up-to-date, and accurate listings to look at. Online sites try but fall short, as you have found out.