Profile picture for VictoryM

Why do you make an evaluation of my house in Pasadena with those in L.A.?

I have looked at your evaluations of property in my Pasadena, Ca, neighborhood.  I'm sure that people who are checking out the values for the purpose of purchasing look at your valuations, as well.  My home at 1501 Cheviodale Drive was built in 1925, has two bedrooms, 1 bath.  My neighbor who lives two doors away at 1519 Cheviotdale Drive also has a home built at the same time, with the 2 bedrooms and 1 bath.  Her home has a little over 300 sq ft more than mine, but her valuation is about $100,000 higher than mine, mostly because your comparables for mine include two houses in Los Angeles, somewhat close physically, but in a really terrible neighborhood.  My neighbor's comparables are all in Pasadena, very close to us.  I know that your figures are only approximations, not actual values, but people who are buying check your website.  Is there a way you can include comparables to my home only in Pasadena?  I'm not selling my house at present, but I'd like to see an evaluation that is more fair.  Please let me know if you can do this.
  • July 08 2009 - Pasadena
  • 0