Profile picture for pbeaub

Why do you think Zestimate would have jumped so much in just 30 days?

It seems like a clear example of Zestimate gone wrong but there might be something that got added that could have triggered this?
  • Question refers to 9 Manor Ridge Dr, West Windsor, NJ 08550
  • 0

Profile picture for wreynol4
Check the listings close to yours, and ones that have recently closed.  If those sold for a price higher than the offer price, and your home is similar to those it could raise your "Zestimate".  Fortunately them raising your zestimate is a good situation to be in.

I am a computer scientist and I do work in this area. The Zestimate calculation is based on secret formulas that only Zillow has.  They change them frequently in an attempt to keep them as accurate as possible, but the process isn't foolproof.  I don't want to sound like I am apologizing for them, but it isn't an easy problem to solve.

I wonder if there is a bug applicable especially to West Windsor, NJ! My house is worth $700k and Zestimate is $6.6M! Also, there was a big dip and a big jump recently.