Profile picture for pah08

Why does Zillow ignore that houses in Tinton Falls, NJ (no matter what the zip code) do not go to Oc

I have put the correct information for my house in Tinton Falls, yet houses on my street have Ocean Township as their school district which is incorrect. Just because our zip code is the same as OT does not mean that is our school district. Zillow should know that.
  • May 10 2012 - Tinton Falls
  • 0

Profile picture for pah08

Mine is correct because I edited it. But I can't fix all of the houses since they are not mine. Zillow should have a better system that shows the correct info and not just go by zip codes.

You can change the school district in the "edit home facts" section. 

Zillow gets school information from a site that appears to do it by proximity rather than getting the updated maps from the school districts each year.

Zillow's system recognizes based on zip code. For instance I do most of my work out of middletown and for advertising purposes they leave half of middletown as red bank because of the post office. Also they list navesink as atlantic highlands; its cute when they say the red bank section or atlantic highlands section, when such things dont exist. Locust is listed as unincorporated monmouth county.

But seriously, have your realtor work on the computer and fix it. If you dont have a realtor to do this, call me.