Profile picture for efittery

Why does foreclosure listings show up when I uncheck the foreclosure box?

I have used this site for a couple of years.
I recently started looking for a house to buy and find that even if I uncheck the box for foreclosures, I still get them in my output.

As an example, I was looking for a house in Lancaster, CA.  I put in my criteria for the house and got 8 pages of listings.  I then sorted them by lowest price first.  I got 6 pages of "Price not available".  These were just listings that foreclosure.com put on Zillow to advertise their web page.  I hope you are charging them something for the thousands of listings they put on Zillow.com.  They even require you to get a subscription to foreclosure.com just to get the street number of the house they say is a foreclosure.  By the way, I was canceled my $39.90/month subscription for this service..  Personally didn't find it all that useful.

Please make the check box for not looking at foreclosures eliminate all the garbage advertisement listings foreclosure.com puts on your site!
  • September 30 2009 - Lancaster
  • 1

Profile picture for Mr Caveat
i agree pasa, no price? no address? no BR/BD? these need to be purged from the site and the autofeeds blocked.

Profile picture for Blue Nile
No wonder all those people kept asking how to cancel their Foreclosure subscriptions!

The "no address", "no price" has often bugged me too; it should not be possible to do an "autofeed" with either "no address" nor "no price".

I work around it by setting on the filters a minimum price, a minimum number of bedrooms a minimum number of baths, a minimum size, a minimum lot size and a minimum year built.

And today I still run into listings that indicate 32 bedrooms...  Obviously bogus data to alter their Z-estimate.

Um, you just uncovered a bug. Thank you! We're now working to fix this.

Don't have a timeline for you.

Thank you!