Profile picture for Bright Life

Why does my home show up on another street in another town?

My house address is 105 Reston Ridge Court, Garner, NC 27529. After I claimed the home and put up a picture, I noticed that the home shows up in another area. It shows up on a street called  Preston Ridge Ct located in Cary, NC 27513. I also noticed that there is no information about the homes on my street if you search by Reston Ridge Court in Garner, NC. But the facts for each home will show up if you search by individual homes. I also noticed the value has gone up almost $40k in the 2 months since I bought it. I have a feeling it is because the system has it located in another town??

June 20 2012 - Garner

Profile picture for Bright Life
Thanks for the information, I did move the home as showed by the video. It still shows up on the wrong street when you look the home up. When I go to the edit and move home option it is showing up in the right location. Maybe it takes time to see the changes??

Major earthquake or tornado?   

I can't tell you why, there are some geocoding issues in some areas.   But, no  matter the reason,  you can claim your home and shift the icon from whereever it mistakenly appears to the correct location.  Here's a link to instructions.

You may wish also to check bing maps to see if they have it right.