Profile picture for Hdrtyu

Why does my homes zestimate go down while my neighbors goes up?

Each month my homes zestimate goes down why all my neighbors seam to go up or stay the same. I live on a small coldisac. There have not been any major home improvements on the street in the past 18+ months. My address is 23221 ladrillo street Woodland hills ca 91367
  • November 24 2010 - Los Angeles

Profile picture for Mills Realty
The Zestimate has good intentions, but in its present form it should be used for entertainment value only.  There are so many variables that effect local markets that trying to establish value using a generic national formula has proven to be ineffective.  My suggestion is to not worry about your Zestimate as no real estate professional is using it to value property.

Always take into consideration that a zestimate is merely what it says it is, an estimate. It will fluctuate and its inaccuracies can be off by as much as 20%. Make sure to always ask for a CMA (Comparative Market Analysis) from a Real Estate Professional to get a better valuation of your home.

The Zestimate for your house as well as the neighbors' houses appear to be tracking in parallel with your local zip code.  If you are seeing some weeks yours goes down and at the same time the neighbors' go up, it is just the noise of a stastical estimate model.