Profile picture for JenLasVegas

Why does the wifes credit matter for a VA loan? I have low income and a bad credit score but my futr

• January 09 2013 - Las Vegas
  • 0

Hi JenLasVegas:

You write "He still needs my income".   If he needs to use your income, he also needs to use your credit scores.    If he can do it on his own income, he won't need to use your credit scores.

(For future reference: the reason the entire question didn't post is the text box is designed for a sentence only, not a paragraph (i.e. there is a character limitation of about 120 characters).  If you wish to post with a question and more details then click on "post question" before you start to type.)

Profile picture for JenLasVegas
Strange it didn't post my whole question.. My future husband has good credit and we will be married when we apply for the loan (renting now) He still needs my income but I have the bad credit. We are in credit repair now so i should be fine by the time we're done with this lease!

If you are not on the loan it might not matter at all, can he qualify on his income alone? If you were going to say your future husband then he might want to buy it before you are married.