Profile picture for galla

Why does zillow keep dropping the value of my home when homes of smaller square footage and no upgra

My house is of larger square footage with new paint and stucco repairs plus new bedrooms in basement.  Other homes in neighboorhood with smaller square footage and no upgrades and only 2 car garages.   Zillow is not correct on values!  I also have more property then most. Water feature, Granite counters, new paint interior, .27 acre lot, views to die for 3 car garage, 5 bedrooms, family room, Formal living and dinning with 18 foot high ceilings. Main floor office den, fully landscaped yard with rock and block wall. Over 3900 square feet of living. More room for expansion in basement with 6th bedroom optional.  I think something is wrong with your continued dropping of values. I will rely on a relator to gauge my value because this is funny!!!  You folks have homes with only 2900 sqft with 2 car garages and smaller lots with no upgrades for alot more. HHHHMMMMM
  • July 08 2009 - Draper
  • 0

Just going to say that Granit isn't always radioactive.  It can be technically, but your cell phone produces more radiation then it does.... so does your fire detectors, and countless other things you have in your house.  And you seal once every year with a safe sealant, and once it dries you can eat off your countertop if you wanted to!  I mean I guess it's toxic if you just ate the sealant, but who would really do that? 
you might want to take your tin foil hat off your head lol.

Profile picture for Blue Nile
Zillow doesn't drop your value; the buyers in your area are reducing what they will pay for houses similar to yours.

Besides, why would anyone want radioactive granite that they have to continously seal every six months with toxic plastics?

And you know that the basement bedrooms are not legal livable space and that you purposely didn't report it to the county thinking that you could save a few dollars on taxes.  As the estimates are only made from country record public data, you shot yourself by trying to cheat the government.

Why did you repair the stucco?  Did you drive your car into it, or is it from the foundation settling and thus cracking?  Or is it water damage from a leak?

I'm glad that you don't want anyone to even consider buying your house.