Why doesn't Zillow recognize my home independently of my neighbors?

When you hover over the map of my home, Zillow doesn't recognize it. It shows a value for the 20 feet of community property between the front of my home and the street, but it doesn't recognize my home as independent from my two neighbors.  Is there any way to request that Zillow reclassifies my home?  
  • March 12 2012 - Oak Creek
  • 0

If your home does not specifically show, often because of a condo conversion, or newer development, or mobile unit.... you can set a "make me move" on it from your profile to create the home details page.  Once created, you can remove the "make me move" if you don't want to use that feature.  That is also a common way to add empty lots on to Zillow, since Zillow typically only requires data on owner occupied housing units from the data provider companies they contract with.

That's an interesting questions but good one. I just hovered over my home and Zillow did separate my home and value from neighbors. Try doing it again and hopefully it will work. If the problem continues, it may be specific to your area. You may need to contact customer service.